Thursday, December 16, 2010

Songs In My Head

We all are cursed at one time or another with a song that keeps playing in our heads, no matter what we do to get it to stop.  While I have had my children in my life, those songs are often something from a movie that they watch.  Well, this morning it is a song from one of the Winnie the Pooh Christmas DVDs we have.  They have watched it only once this year (because I got so sick of the stupid TV shows they watch a million times through Netflix instant downloads), and it was a few days-maybe a week-ago.  Pooh sings it and it is a funn little ditty "Snow blows, in my ears my eyes my nose, snow blows everywhere I go"  or something like that because those are the words that keep playing over and over and over and over in my head.  BAH!  Usually, the only way I can get it to stop is to turn on the song or movie or whatever it comes from.  Now isn't that insane, to stop the song, I need to play the song?  I don't understand why, but it works.  However, this morning, I am not watching Winnie the Pooh.   I do admit though, sometimes I turn on a movie just to hear something in the house while I am here by myself.  Sometimes it is just to have the sound of another voice.  I love to have the day to myself when the kids are gone and I can do whatever I need to without interruption, but it is comforting at times to hear some other voices around me.  And yes, there are times when I am feeling all sentimental and I put in a kids' movie because I miss those days when my kids were little enough to watch and enjoy them AND I won't feel badly or foolish because of it.

This morning brought more snow with it.  We were supposed to get 3-6 inches more, but I think we fell short.  That is okay though, we didn't need a whole lot more.  It is lovely though, like a soft, downy blanket out there.  For now, at least, the wind is not blowing and that is a good thing because when it does it gets ugly in a hurry.

I better get back to trying to get things more presentable for the holidays.  No time for a long-winded entry today :)

CC

No comments:

Post a Comment