Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Advice to Canine Owners

If you, like me, need an in-ground fence system to keep your dogs from going places they shouldn't or that are not safe, then do yourself a favor-go buy some 14 gauge wire to put in the ground for it.  We used the 20 gauge that it came with and it shorted out somewhere just before the cold weather moved in.  I just came in from laying new wire, on top of the ground, and it is freezing out there!  The ground is frozen, so I couldn't bury it.  As long as it keeps them out of the road and my chicken yard, oh, and the burdocks, then I don't care where it is.
Of course, I spliced in the new wire where part of it would still be under, and it wouldn't work.  Could have save about 45-minutes if I had just lay the new one all the way around in the first place.  Now to train the 2 puppies to not cross the line.

No comments:

Post a Comment