Thursday, December 23, 2010

2 Days Left

It's the countdown to the biggest holiday of the year.  Am I ready?  Heck NO!
It is going to be a small gift pile under the tree this year.  My youngest has already determined the source of the gifts and is no longer fooled.  It makes it a little easier to explain that there just isn't a whole lot of money for buying things we don't need.  It is hard to go out and waste on unnecessary items when so many are struggling and have nothing.  Hopefully, our children can understand that.  We won't leave them with nothing, but the superfluous items are off the list.  They seem to be happy with gum and a little candy in their stockings, which is probably good enough - it always was for me as a kid.
My husband and I went to a musical in the Cities last night and out to an expensive dinner, and that is enough of a gift for us to each other.  Of course, just going out for a burger would have sufficed, but once in a while we have to treat ourselves to a little more.
The show we saw was Billy Elliot.  It came out as a movie a few years ago and we really liked it and got some laughs, but the musical OMG!  was AMAZING!!!!!  The young boy of about 12 or 13 was the lead, and he could perform!  It just took my breath away.  And it was hilarious to boot.
We have enjoyed some other shows in the past, we have seen Cats twice, Defending the Caveman for my 40th birthday, and I took my husbands mother to Spamalot after hubby became ill just before showtime.  We must do more of that, it is so worth it to see.  Our kids would have loved the show last night and wish we could have taken them too.  They would have been rolling from the humor - and the cussing.  I am not easily offended by that sort of stuff, so I think we could have let it slide with the kids so long as there was no repeating it.

The house is again down to just 2 dogs.  The last of our puppies left today.  I say puppies loosely since Naldo was about 40-pounds.  He is going to be a big boy like his daddy who is about 70-pounds and is still not fully mature.  It will be quieter here, that is for sure, but welcome.  My daughter is having a tough time today in accepting the pups being gone.  Her favorite left on Sunday.  All of the puppies have gone to wonderful homes, most of them being previous owners of Standard Poodles.  I am sure that they will all be as happy in their new homes and they were with us, and that makes me feel like I did what was needed.  It is tough though, you just fall in love with those little hairballs so easily, and then let them go.  The longer they are with you the tougher it gets too.

Well, it is time to get back to holiday prep and getting my house in order (that never-ending saga).

Happy Holidays to all!!!
CC 

No comments:

Post a Comment