Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Poultry Lovers 12 Days of Christmas

One the first day of Christmas my true love gave to me....
A Naked Neck in a fir tree. (Yes, this one is for you, Nava)

On the second day of Christmas my true love gave to me...
2 Mottled Cochins, and a Naked Neck in a fir tree.

On the third day of Christmas my true love gave to me....
3 Cuckoo Marans (duh, they are the French hens people have been singing about all these years!), 2 Mottled Cochins, and a Naked Neck in a fir tree.

On the fourth day of Christmas my true love gave to me...
4 Little Call Ducks, 3 Cuckoo Marans, 2 Mottled Cochins, and a Naked Neck in a fir tree.

On the fifth day of Christmas my true love gave to me...
5 Gold Laced Wyandottes!!!!!!
4 Little Call Ducks, 3 Cuckoo Marans, 2 Mottled Cochins and a Naked Neck in a fir tree.

On the sixth day of Christmas my true love gave to me...
6 Geese a laying (why change a good thing just for the sake of change???), 5 Gold Laced Wyandottes!!!!
4 Little Call Ducks, 3 Cuckoo Marans, 2 Mottled Cochins and Naked Neck in a fir tree.

On the seventh day of Christmas my true love gave to me....
7 Swans a swimming (again, why change a good thing?), 6 Geese a laying, 5 Gold Lace Wyandottes!!!! 4 Little Call Ducks, 3 Cuckoo Marans, 2 Mottled Cochins, and a Naked Neck in a fir tree.

On the eighth day of Christmas my true love gave to me.....
8 Malays molting (don't look a gift chicken in the beak), 7 Swans a swimming, 6 Geese a laying, 5 Gold Laced Wyandottes!!!! 4 Little Call Ducks, 3 Cuckoo Marans, 2 Mottled Cochins, and a Naked Neck in a fir tree.

On the ninth day of Christmas my true love gave to me.....
9 Leghorns Laying, 8 Malays molting, 7 Swans a swimming, 6 Geese a laying, 5 Gold Laced Wyandottes!!!!  4 Little Call Ducks, 3 Cuckoo Marans, 2 Mottled Cochins and a Naked Neck in a fir tree.

On the tenth day of Christmas my true love gave to me...
10 Langshans Leaping, 9 Leghorns Laying, 8 Malays molting, 7 Swans a swimming, 6 Geese a laying, 5 Gold Laced Wyandottes!!!! 4 Little Call Ducks, 3 Cuckoo Marans, 2 Mottled Cochins, and a Naked Neck in a fir tree.

On the eleventh day of Christmas my true love gave to me...
11 Polish Polka-ing (either they were doing that or they were just lost and running around because they couldn't see where they heck they were going!), 10 Langshans Leaping, 9 Leghorns Laying, 8 Malays molting, 7 Swans a swimming, 6 Geese a laying, 5 Gold Laced Wyandottes!!!! 4 Little Call Ducks, 3 Cuckoo Marans, 2 Mottled Cochins, and a Naked Neck in a fir tree.

On the twelfth day of Poultry Lovers Christmas my true love gave to me... (and he MUST be my true love to give me all these delightful, enabling gift of feathered friends!), 12 Sebrights Crowing,  11 Polish Polka-ing (either they were doing that or they were just lost and running around because they couldn't see where they heck they were going!), 10 Langshans Leaping, 9 Leghorns Laying, 8 Malays molting, 7 Swans a swimming, 6 Geese a laying, 5 Gold Laced Wyandottes!!!! 4 Little Call Ducks, 3 Cuckoo Marans, 2 Mottled Cochins,     and     a    Naaaked    Neeeeeck      in     a     fir     treeeeeeeeee!

Happy Holidays to all my fellow poultry obsessed people!  And to the rest of you too.
May your nest boxes be filled with colorful, fertile eggs, and may all of your hatchings be a 20/80 in favor of pullets!
 
          *
          X
        XX
       XXX
      XXXX
     XXXXX
    XXXXXX
   XXXXXXX
  XXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXX
           X

No comments:

Post a Comment