Friday, May 13, 2011

I'm Getting Closer

I did manage to get out and work on my duck hutch more today, despite the cool weather that rolled in for a couple of days.  I would have had the roof done except that my metal blade on my circular saw was worn down too much.  So, tomorrow after Daughters soccer game (and I must mention Eldest co-coaches), I will have to go to the hardware store for a new blade.  Then I will be back to making progress.
My husband came over from his lawn mowing to see how I was doing and snapped a shot.  He just loves his new iPhone.
I had a heck of a time putting the vinyl flooring on the inside.  I was going to just lay it on the floor and flange it up the sides for 6".  That was crazy to try doing since I didn't make it exactly square (never claimed to be a professional).  So, I ended up putting it on the floor and the piecing it onto the sides too.  Then I used quarter-round on the corners and bottom edges with caulk to seal any cracks and keep it from ruining what is underneath.  I must admit, I am terrible at caulking, and it shows.  I have the siding on 3 sides, and I still need to make the doors, but I will get there.  Tomorrow the weather is supposed to be crappy, so I may not finish until Sunday.  My ducks are growing like crazy and need to get out of the garage!
I will be the proud owner of new baby bunnies by morning, I think.  One of the girls pulled a load of fur and made a nest for doing so, so I hope she completes her task by morn.  She sure was looking a bit uncomforable this evening.  I will have to go out and check on her before I turn in.
Middle is learning to do laundry.  It is part of his Home Ec assignment this week.  Now I am going to start making him do his own every week.  This is ridiculous that I have to do so much of it.  I am so glad the teacher assigns this to them.  They have made  her classes so big now, she isn't able to have the kids do the cooking and sewing projects that she used to.  It is sad.  So, as I dropped off Middle this morning (he had a track meet and didn't get to bed until late, so getting up was a bit difficult), I popped into the Home Ec room and got directions for him to make the pillow case that they would normally be doing in there.  Eldest did his with Owls on it, and it is a very nice one, and unique.  Then I bought this guitar fabric last year for a different project Middle had to do, and thought I could buy a couple of different kinds and he could make his pillow case out of it.  He still can and should.  Besides, what else am I going to do with guitar fabric?  I would like to make a quilt for him, but he will probably have kids before I have time to do that.
Maybe tomorrow is the day that I clip Zeke.  That poor boy is beyond shaggy and needs it bad.
Well, I guess I have enough to keep  me busy over the weekend.
Til next time....

CC

No comments:

Post a Comment