Friday, April 15, 2011

A Fool Waits...

And I am that fool today.  I don't think I have ever waited until April 15th to get our taxes done, but I did this year.  I just couldn't bring myself around to getting them done until I finally looked at the calendar and said, "Holy Crap!".  So, because of my procrastination, I am now sitting here with my stomach hurting and churning and gurgling, because I probably put myself under more stress in the last 6 hours than my kids have put me under in the last month.  That is really saying something too, by the way.
I swore, I was not going to do this this year.  So, what happened?  You don't want to hear every excuse why, lame or valid either one.
BUT I wasn't the only one waiting until D-day.  My husband is trustee over his parents estates/trusts that now have to be enacted and distributed and taxes done.  We sent everything off to the lawyer/tax man a few weeks ago, but we didn't receive any of the paperwork until today, well yesterday now.  Even the pros wait until the last minute sometimes, I guess.

CC

No comments:

Post a Comment